What can a POWERTHRU system do for me?
POWERTHRU clean energy storage has a lot of great attributes and advantages.
We've found that banking, insurance and other financial service centers using our system particularly value these qualities:
- Solid reliability - Lead-acid batteries are the weakest link in any power continuity system. A POWERTHRU flywheel can eliminate batteries and provide much greater reliability. They can also work in parallel with batteries as the first line of defense, taking all the brief hits and bridging the time gap to a smooth generator handoff. This eliminates cycling of the now redundant battery array.
- Cost savings - POWERTHRU own-and-operate costs are much lower than those of batteries. Over time, each POWERTHRU system deployed saves $150,000 over VRLA batteries.
- Highest availability, lowest maintenance - Steel flywheels incur hours of downtime and high maintenance costs every 2-3 years. Rotary systems are even worse. But the POWERTHRU system's only moderate maintenance is just for one hour or less every two years.
Other valuable attributes include:
- Half the footprint of VRLA batteries
- 80% smaller footprint than wet cells
- Virtually silent operation
- 1/10th the energy consumption of other flywheels
- No concrete pad needed or floor loading issues
- Rolls into place and commissions in less than 60 minutes
- No explosive gas emissions, fire risks or hazardous materials
- No acid vapors, spillage or other safety issues
- Environmentally responsible, sustainable
- Built in Michigan: seismic zone 4 rated