What can a POWERTHRU system do for me?
POWERTHRU clean energy storage has a lot of great attributes and advantages. We've found that transportation facilities using our system with their UPSs particularly value these qualities:
- Solid reliability -Lead acid batteries arethe weakest link in any power continuity system. A POWERTHRU flywheel can eliminate batteries and provide much greater reliability. They can also work in parallel with batteries as the first line of defense, taking all the brief hits and bridging the time gap to a smooth generator handoff. This eliminates cycling of the now redundant battery array.
- Eliminates fire/explosion/acid-spill/hazmat risks - Using a POWERTHRU flywheel instead of dozens of UPS lead-acid batteries eliminates the explosive gas emissions of those batteries as well as the fire risk and thousands of pounds of toxic lead and sulfuric acid.
- Highest availability, lowest maintenance - Steel flywheels incur hours of downtime and high maintenance costs every 2-3 years. Rotary systems are even worse. But the POWERTHRU system's only moderate maintenance is just for one hour or less every two years.
Other valuable attributes include:
- Energy storage that's more effective and reliable
- Half the footprint of VRLA batteries
- 80% smaller footprint than wet cells
- Virtually silent operation
- 1/10th the energy consumption of other flywheels
- No concrete pad needed or floor loading issues
- Rolls into place and commissions in less than 60 minutes
- No explosive gas emissions, fire risks or hazardous materials
- No acid vapors, spillage or other safety issues
- Built in Michigan: seismic zone 4 rated
- Environmentally responsible, sustainable